At Joyland Amusement Park, you will work as part of a team of people who love to help others have fun. Whether you sell tickets, sweep the park, or operate a ride, your mission is the same – keeping a smile on the face of each and every guest. And you will receive plenty of cheers for your hard work – to make you smile.
Please keep in mind that a well-groomed appearance is essential for our park. Joyland’s grooming policy requires female employees to wear a moderate hair style and light make-up with no dangling jewelry. For males, mustaches, goatee’s and sideburns are acceptable, provided they are well kept and moderate in length. Small pierced earrings are acceptable. More details about the grooming policy are available upon request at the time of an interview.
Joyland does have a dress code. Pants cannot be worn in a sagging fashion. No sweat pants or pajama pants. Shorts are allowed if hemmed and no shorter than mid-thigh. No cutoffs.
Joyland has a uniform code requiring the purchase of a Joyland shirt and, if you choose to wear a cap it must be a Joyland cap. Purchase of these items may be taken care of by payroll deduction.
Every applicant is evaluated when he or she applies. We will keep all applications on file for the remainder of the season for which you applied.
Being part of the team at Joyland requires a willingness to work when scheduled. You are expected to work all weekends and holidays, including Easter, Memorial Day, Independence day and Labor Day. Given the hours we are open, we can not guarantee specific time off. Keep in mind that availability dates are very important and have a strong bearing on consideration for employment.
Hours may vary due to weather and attendance. Therefore, in most cases, we will not be able to guarantee a specific number of hours per week.
Every day our guests count on us to “show them the time of their life,” making it essential that you have a reliable source of transportation to work and be dependable and on time.
Joyland employees have fun!
CHEERS, APPLAUSE AND BENEFITS
You will enjoy:
- Making new friends.
- Enhancing your people skills.
- Employee Parties.
- Working in a fun atmosphere.
- Two VIP stamps per pay period for your personal use to ride on your night off during our regular summer operation.
- Two family or friend discounts per pay period during our summer operation.
- And, of course . . . A Paycheck!
APPLY FOR THE 2022 SEASON BEGINNING FEBRUARY 5
You must be at least 16 years of age to work at Joyland. Beginning in February, applications will be accepted for the coming season. Joyland's schedule for 2022 will be:
- March and April, Joyland opens at 2PM Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
- May Joyland is open from 7PM to 10PM as well as some daytime hours for special events.
- June through closing, the hours will be Thursday and Friday 7PM - 10PM.
- Saturdays 2PM to 10PM
- Sundays 2PM to 9PM.
- Scheduled days off will be Monday—Wednesday during the summer unless we have a scheduled private event or a holiday.
- You are REQUIRED to work all weekends and holidays including Spring Break, Easter weekend, Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July and Labor Day weekend.
If you can commit to the schedule and enjoy having fun and making money, we look forward to receiving your application. Print the application below, fill it out and bring it, along with your photo identification and social security card, to Joyland Amusement Park in Mackenzie Park between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday, or Saturdays and Sundays between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM beginning February 5. Be prepared for an interview if the human resources manager is available. Applications will ONLY be considered if delivered to Joyland, in person by the applicant.